Parent Organization (STPC)
Welcome to the STPC page!
About Rincon Valley Middle School’s STPC
The Student, Teacher, Parent Committee was established as a service organization to support students, staff and the school community here at Rincon Valley Middle School. The STPC helps contribute to and provide additional funds for student, staff and school needs that fall outside of available school funding sources. We also coordinate volunteers to support various programs and activities at the school. We send out a monthly email newsletter to provide information and support for our parent community. We are working to make this an outstanding year! Please consider volunteering at school events or making financial donations to our school. Your help makes a direct impact on our students! Volunteering opportunities throughout the year include:
- School dances (chaperone, food donations, etc.)
- 7th Grade Sport-A-Rama
- Food donations for special events, teacher luncheons
- Student Achievement Recognition
- Carnival in May
A Message from our Student, Teacher, Parent Committee (STPC)
Welcome to the Rincon Valley Middle School STPC or Student, Teacher, Parent Committee. We invite you to join us in serving a vital role for the RVMS campus. As you know, education in California is at a crossroads. During the past few years we were able to raise enough money to purchase a significant amount of technology such as an entire classroom of laptops for our students’ use and overhead projectors for many classrooms. In addition, we were able to pay for differentiation and common core training for our teachers, homework help for students after school, and many teacher appreciation events. We believe the RVMS community’s consistent and generous contribution has helped our school stay on track with the fast-changing pace of education in our State.
The STPC also funds and runs many student events on campus such as dances and rallies that reward students for good grades. These events require many parent volunteers and we cannot continue to contribute to the success of RVMS without your help. Please consider joining us to volunteer, attend our monthly meetings held on the first Thursday of the month, or to serve on our board. We have several committee positions that are still open (please see below). RVMS has always boasted an incredible amount of parent participation, which we believe is one of the strengths of this school.
The next STPC monthly meeting will be on Thursday April 6 at 11:30 in Conference room 1 & 2 in the Main Office. Please join us! We alternate daytime and evening meetings to accommodate as many parents and staff as possible. The meetings are on the first Thursday of the month, 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the office conference room 1 and 2 or 6:30 p.m. – 8 p.m in the Library. The meetings are open to everyone. Agendas include the budget, campus events, and other important school issues that affect our students. The more ideas and opinions we have, the better decisions we can make. If you cannot attend but have questions or concerns, please email STPC Co-Presidents Jen Smits or Diana Curtin at the email addresses below so we can bring them to the attention of our parent population.
We are looking forward to a wonderful 2016-2017 school year with all of you!
We still need help to complete our STPC Team!
- Campus Beautification: We need a campus beautification chair person who would be responsible for scheduling two to four work days a year to spruce up the campus.
- Grocery Loyalty Coordinator: You will learn how the escrip/community smart loyalty programs work and how these important programs financially benefit our school.
Family Giving Campaign 2016-2017:
Through the generosity of the Family Giving Campaign donations, RVMS had a great opportunity to encourage the teachers to submit Wish Lists to the STPC communicating needs for each of their classrooms, with hopes of enriching their students learning environment. Thank you to the generosity of the families who have contributed!! The funds will enable STPC to help support valuable programs and provide supplies to teachers and our children this year. Here are some what your donations have paid for so far:
• Additional funding to the MATH COUNTS program headed by teacher Mrs Tracy Barber. An additional $1000 with provide funding for travel costs, supplies and other costs related to the program.
• Additional funding for RVMS TV. Approved additional $900+ for TV equipment
• $25,000 for additional Chrome books and carts for the students. The existing Chrome Books were not enough to service the population of students. The large donation of funds with greatly improve the availability of these invaluable computers to our students.
Though we are asking for a donation of $300 per child, ANY donation in any amount that is comfortable for you would be greatly appreciated!!
Please consider donating to the Family Giving Campaign to support your child’s education at our school. This is the major fundraiser for RVMS – every dollar raised goes to educating our children. Our goal is to raise $45,000 to fund a variety of student activities, educational tools, intramurals, and support tools that are no longer supported by district budgets.
Every donation is 100% tax deductible. If your company offers a Matching Program, please be sure to apply. We will provide any documentation needed to help with the request. Please support your child’s education in any amount that is comfortable for your family. Every little bit helps!!
For questions, please contact Shaina Sovel, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lauren Wood at email@example.com
Sign up for eScrip Today!
eScrip is a fundraising program that allows participating merchants to contribute a percentage of your purchases to the school of your choice. It is an easy way to earn money for the school and it’s free! Last year, this program provided our school almost $10,000.
Important Notice: Safeway has been the biggest contributor to this program and they are no longer participating! To make up this difference, it is very important for you to sign up for the other participating merchants such as Oliver’s and Amazon.
If you are already signed up for eScrip, be sure to switch over your donation to Rincon Valley Middle School!
For more information please email Jennifer Smits at firstname.lastname@example.org
- AmazonSmile: If you shop on Amazon or Amazon Prime, be sure to set up and bookmark AmazonSmile in your browser(s) so that RVMS gets money back every time you shop online! Remember to go to www.smile.amazon.com and make sure that you are supporting “RVMS-STPC” at the top of the page.
- Oliver’s Community Card: Pick up a card at any Oliver’s Market and register with eScrip. Your purchases create automatic contributions of 3 % of your purchase price.
Counseling Office Information:
Office Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Counseling Office Secretary: Ms. Susan Swan
- Dan Evans: Students’ last name alphabet is A-N. Monday-Friday devans@srcs.K12.ca.us
- Robin Wilkins: Students’ last name alphabet is O-Z. Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8-3; Thursday 1-3 email@example.com
The counselors coordinate a variety of programs for students, including the Honor Society, Homework Hotline, Peer Helpers and Safe School Ambassadors.
Become a parent volunteer!
It takes an enormous amount of volunteer hours to support the various events at Rincon Valley Middle School. If you want to be involved as a parent volunteer for the school year 2016-2017, please email our Volunteer Coordinator Diana Curtin, firstname.lastname@example.org now so you can start receiving our emails! Volunteering at school is a great opportunity to connect with other RVMS parents and assist with student activities.
2016-2017 STPC Board:
- Co-Presidents: Jennifer Smits, email@example.com, Diana Curtin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Shaina Sovel, email@example.com
- Treasurer: Lauren Wood, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Treasurer : OPEN
- Secretary: Kristin Lepe, Kristinlepe@comcast.net
- Volunteer Coordinator: Diana Curtin, email@example.com
- Co-Volunteer Coordinator: OPEN
- Dance/Snack Bar: Kelly Carroll, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grocery Loyalty/ eScrip: OPEN
- Newsletter/Website Coordinator: Elizabeth Heagerty, email@example.com
- Hospitality: Jen Week, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cari Moore, email@example.com
- Family Giving Campaign: Shaina Sovel, firstname.lastname@example.org, Lauren Wood, email@example.com
- Staff Appreciation: Danielle Willis, firstname.lastname@example.org , Kellee Clower, email@example.com
- Renaissance Chair: Missy Kelleher, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dine & Donate: Justine Baker, email@example.com
- Carnival: Missy Kelleher
- Carnival Co-Chair: Diana Curtin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Intramural Sport Coordinator: Lori Accornero, email@example.com
- Campus Improvement: OPEN